[UbuntuWomen] Unemployed wondering how to get a job in Linux

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Wed Mar 12 03:05:59 UTC 2008

Karin Qadri wrote:
> I have a background in Windows Desktop support, network support an
> obsolete (I think expired not sure) MCSE.
> Trouble is I get asked about the vintage of my MCSE (Windows NT 4.0
> obtained in 2000).
>
> Do Any of you use Linux at work? How do I get my "foot in a door?"

Yup. I've used Linux on the work stations and on servers. Generally I've
found that when I was able to demonstrate that Linux would increase my
productivity and that I wouldn't need additional technical support,
managers were supportive of NOT having to pay for software. :)

I'm not sure if you have more specific questions though?

regards,
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin, B.Sc.