[UbuntuWomen] Greetings

malaikasharp at comcast.net malaikasharp at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 01:24:20 UTC 2008

From: "Yolynne Medina" <yolynne at gmail.com>
> It's a nice feeling isn't it =) I am glad that you are happy in using
> opensource apps. It can be an addicting feeling sometimes =)

Malaika:  Yes, it is a great feeling and I know just how addicting open source can be.  While I am now a massage therapist, I was a computer tech/system administrator a few years ago. At that time I was into open source morning, noon and night.
     I do my best to focus my time on the computer to completing specific projects. However, there are times when I just want to play. I love creating database structures or designing a complete system for, well, not for anyone, just to do it. As much fun as it is, the more time that I spend on the computer the less people friendly I become.
     Obviously that is not very good for my marriage and other friendships.
     It was easy to limit my time when I had ms systems, but now it seems as though an old door has opened. It will be interesting to see what ridiculously overly complex, yet benign form I create now.

Have a great evening to all.

Malaika