[UbuntuWomen] Why are there more females in Computer Science in UP?

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 2 00:37:11 UTC 2008

On 02/03/2008, Yolynne Medina <yolynne at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to know more of your thoughts about this blog post.
>
> http://guro.edublogs.org/2008/03/01/why-are-there-more-females-in-computer-science-in-up/

I don't think girls being more comfortable than boys with computers
leads to more girls than boys doing computer science. I didn't do
computer science (I did linguistics) but I imagine that the gender
ratio in the UK is as bad as ever.

My lug has a handful of women - but I'm not sure *any* of us actually
work in the industry.  I think 99% of the guys do, though.

Caroline