[UbuntuWomen] How has the Code of Conduct helped you?

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 29 02:40:33 BST 2008

Hey folks,

Many people have said that having the Code of Conduct in Ubuntu has
helped them become more involved, or feel more comfortable within the
community. I've been noticing more and more projects I'm associated
either adopting Ubuntu's code or developing their own.

How has the Code of Conduct helped you? Did having such a thing exist
inspire you to contribute to Ubuntu specifically? Did learning of its
existence encourage you to contribute more? Have you found yourself in
situations where having the Code of Conduct in play within the
community help you out?

My reasoning behind asking this is two-fold. One is thinking the
answers might be a valuable resource in getting folks involved who
have been turned off by bad behavior encountered within f/oss in the
past. The other is I'm working with someone else to nudge another big
project into accepting some kind of CoC, and testimonials will
probably help our case :)

Cheers,

Lyz/pleia2

--