[UbuntuWomen] Event naming concern

NurseGirl thealp+ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 20:52:50 UTC 2008

Jan: if you look up "2 girls 1 cup in the urban dictionary, then
you'll read a description (please don't Google it!)

Christina: I would probably initially focus on the legal and
perception issues of something like Ubuntu (which is humanity for all,
not just adults) tacitly winking and nodding towards potential issues
of contributing to the delinquency of minors. Not only might people
bring their kids, but there are many underage Ubuntu users, and some
might either come to the event or might at least have read the
planning steps and the invitation.

While there's a lot of reasons why the name is also problematic in
terms of being gender-inclusive, my guess is people will respond most
quickly to that.

NurseGirl