[UbuntuWomen] Fwd: [Ubuntu-Classroom] MOTU School Session: Maintainer scripts

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Thu Jul 24 20:24:21 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 13:28 -0400, Elizabeth Bevilacqua wrote:
> At our last meeting a couple women expressed interest in learning how
> to get started with packaging. This class looks like it's going to be
> a great introduction, so might be worth checking out :) Even if you
> don't make it, logs will be posted by MOTU school following the
> meeting, which I'll be sure to forward a link for to the list.

Hi,

Thanks for forwarding this.

This session isn't the most basic, but it is an introduction to
one part of packaging, so if you are a familiar with the basic
ideas then it should be perfect for you.

Also at the last meeting there was some interest in mentoring
for packaging work. In the last couple of weeks there has been
a proposal for a new mentoring scheme, which should mean that
mentoring is more active, and that mentors will be someone that
is just a little ahead of you in the learning process, and so
may remember better what it is like starting out. If anyone
is interested then please apply directly, or feel free to get
in touch with me if you would like some more information.

Thanks,

James