[UbuntuWomen] How has the Code of Conduct helped you?

akke hoekstra akke at ubuntu-nl.org
Wed Jul 2 10:18:43 UTC 2008

I m afraid you re right: being rude doesn t seem to be a problem.
And to me that, in itself,  is a problem.

What else do we have the CoC for? Is it something more than just a nice
symbol?
We lost some really good volunteers because of this.
And the question is: who do you choose for? The ones who are leaving or the
ones who think they have the right to be unpolite?

Of course: in Ubuntu we should all be equal, but are we?
"All animals are *equal*, but some animals are more *equal* than others"
Are people who have contributed a lot to Ubuntu more entitled to behave
improperly than those who haven't made so many contributions yet?

Brrrrrrr..... it's the old question of the abuse of power again, I m afraid.

Akke