[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu Live Proposals

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Fri Jan 25 00:20:55 UTC 2008

Jacinta Richardson wrote:
> I probably know Allison well enough to ask her... but I don't understand what
> I'd be asking for.  What is Ubuntu Live?

http://en.oreilly.com/ubuntu2008/public/content/home

As described on their Web site:
Ubuntu Live is a vibrant and important gathering of IT professionals,
government and business leaders, educators, community leaders,
enterprise and business users. The conference brings together the people
who deploy and manage Ubuntu in organizations, companies offering
services and solutions based on Ubuntu, customers of those services,
users of Ubuntu, and the folks who build Ubuntu and other key open
source software.

The two day event will allow participants to share their Ubuntu
experiences, learn from each other, and catch up with the latest
developments from Ubuntu, our partners, and the free software and open
source ecosystem. Ubuntu Live is the meeting place for enterprise users
and community developers to come together to exchange ideas and discuss
projects face to face.

The event is run at the same time as OSCON in Portland, Oregon.

regards,
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin, B.Sc.