[UbuntuWomen] UW article for Fullcircle mag

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Sat Jan 12 13:02:59 UTC 2008

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Elizabeth Bevilacqua wrote:
>> On 1/10/08, Vid Ayer <svaksha at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Cathy has a ready article so being short on time you might want to go
>>> with this for now. I kind of like the interview idea too, so maybe we
>>> can do an interview for each 'even' month of the year and keep tech
>>> articles for the 'odd' months of the year. Thoughts?
>> I very strongly object to having purely technical articles located in
>> a column about Ubuntu Women.
>
> I strongly object to your objection. I appreciate that 200 words isn't
> very many; however, I don't think there's any reason to ever shy away
> from being technical or discouraging UW members from being technical.

That's not what Lyz is pointing out at all.

Her point is that we should reserve 'ubuntu-women team' space for stuff
about Ubuntu-Women, and not let it be seen as the dunce corner where
articles by girls/women are put to be out of the way -- which is how it
would end up being seen if it were to become somewhere were girls/women
from Ubuntu-Women put tech articles.

The point is to keep the tech articles to the mag main (afterall, women
don't need tech explained special or anything), and keep the About U-W
section reserved for... well, 'About U-W'.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper

http://www.meldraweb.com