[UbuntuWomen] Women in Technology group at Eau Claire, WI

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 3 12:35:10 UTC 2008

On 1/2/08, Ryan Prior <ryanprior at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a member of the Women in Technology Services ("WITS") group at the
> University of Wisconsin in Eau Claire. I am wondering whether any of the
> Ubuntu-Women members would be available some time in 2008 to introduce
> Ubuntu and Free Software to our group. We are flexible in scheduling, so I'm
> mostly trolling for an interested person or group of people from the Ubuntu
> community, and especially from the womens' group.

Ryan,

Thanks for contacting us! Since we're an international group I have to
ask - Are you looking for local folks to come out, or does your group
have a speaker travel budget?

If you haven't already, I suggest contacting the Wisconsin LoCo team
as well. I don't know how many women are involved, but hopefully they
can point you in the right direction.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WisconsinTeam

Cheers,

Lyz