[UbuntuWomen] Small intro

Isabelle Hurbain isabelle.hurbain at pasithee.fr
Tue Feb 26 10:43:58 UTC 2008

Hi there,

so, I'm Isabelle "Balise" "Isa" Hurbain, a 26-year-old French woman living in
Zürich, Switzerland.
I'm an engineer (that's for the diploma) and I'm currently working as a tech
translator and writer.
I've used Ubuntu for some time now (2 years++, I'd say). I'm a bit afraid of
letting my coding skills vanish (I haven't coded anything since last
November and I kinda miss it), so contributing seemed a good idea to me.

I tried to look at the MOTU tutorials but got stuck with the packaging of the
first example hello: when I execute debuild, it crashes with
checking for alloca... yes
checking for struct stat.st_blksize... yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/bin/msgmerge
configure: error: cannot run /bin/bash ./config.sub
(I'm on Kubuntu Gutsy, if it holds any relevance).
I don't know if it's the right mailing list to post this (my guess is, a MOTU
related ML should be more adequate) but that's more to tell where I am now :)

Cheers,

Isa