[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu4gilrs

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:31:29 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 09:09 -0300, Mariwal Jordão wrote:
> Hello
>
> First of all: sorry my poor english.
>
> Elizabeth Bevilacqua
> "So my first suggestion is not assume that all girls like "pink and
> flowers" - remove the "All things that girls want." sentence from the
> launchpad description. My second suggestion is to fix the spelling and
> grammatical errors, which I understand might require a fluent English
> speaker."
>
> - I will do all changes that you suggest, I already contact a great
> english speaker to made the changes. :)
>

> Sarah Hobbs
> "If you wish to market to young girls,
> you need to properly understand your audience."
>
> - Hi Sarah, In my contry I'm a "Personal Traineir in Computer
> Sceince". Basiclly, my students, are females.
> See one of my sites: http://www.forgirls.3njoy.com
> Well, befere I start this project, I start a discussion in brasilian
> forum BR, see this topic:
> http://ubuntuforum-br.org/index.php?topic=25615.0
> - All my female students said to me that Windows is uglly, so I show
> the Ubuntu, all customized for girls, and she like very much.

You could get the same effect with a windows theme. I think my (our?)
major problem is that you are patronising us.

Would you like it if someone made an Ubuntu4boys with toy soldiers,
explosions, fast cars etc. Would you like it if they said that boys all
wanted this, and that all boys were the same? That all boys conformed to
gender and social stereotypes?

Caroline