[UbuntuWomen] Introduction

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 17:25:54 UTC 2007

Hi Maia,

On 9/16/07, maia grotepass <maiatoday at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> You might have seen me hanging around in irc for a bit. I am new to being
> involved in Ubuntu community and I am slowly trying to get the hang of
> things.
>
> I work as a programmer writing embedded code 3 days a week and I am busy
> studying a Multimedia course the other 4 days. At work we use only
> proprietary code but for my course I use  a HP compaq laptop running Feisty
> based UbuntuStudio. I used to do my study work on a windows box but recently
> I have moved over to UbuntuStudio using Blender for the animation. I also
> use the sound editing tools for the sound part of the course.
>
> At this point I am not much use in helping/mentoring anyone else, but I am
> happy to pitch in once my skills improve.

Welcome to the UW+Ubuntu community.  Since you use UStudio you are no
stranger to this world so I am sure your skills will come handy to
someone. Nice to have you here.

> As for time commitment, sometimes  I have lots, eg inbetween jobs or when I
> am not writing exams and sometimes I have no time eg the next month and a
> half.

Yeah, time is a scarcity for all of us but it can be worked around :)
Would you like to do a small course on using UbuntuStudio with Blender
for animation ? Surely many folks here would like that, I know I would
:)

ciao,
Vid
http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/VidAyer