[UbuntuWomen] Use full real name policy

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at princessleia.com
Tue Sep 4 18:25:19 UTC 2007

On 9/4/07, Belinda A. Lopez <dinda at mac.com> wrote:
> I often go by Dinda but my real name is Belinda Lopez.  How does the
> system know someone's 'real' name from a nickname anyway?  I would
> suspect that the "real" name is whatever you registered with and
> there's no way to check it against your legal name.

I'm wondering using an initial for your first name (C. Ford) would be
acceptable to the people wanting a real name? I believe the reasoning
behind the Real Names thing was so it looked more professional and
transparent (not anonymous), you didn't have key contributors
identifying themselves and "MrsPenguinHead" and "LinuxDude"

Caroline (or anyone), do you happen to have a link to the thread this
was discussed on previously with the launchpad people pushing real
names? I don't even remember what list it was on.

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com