[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu Open Week: Ubuntu Women Session

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 16 00:23:12 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, Belinda A. Lopez <dinda at mac.com> wrote:
> Yeah Lyz for picking this up!

Glad to. It was nice to be asked to do it, I'm very glad to have your
previous talk to reference!

> Something I found especially
> interesting was the side discussion going on in the chat channel as
> the UW presentations were happening.  If possible can you get someone
> to log that channel for you as well as the main channel?  I found the
> comments in the chat channel were very much of the "OMG -there are
> women here!" type and a prime example of just why this project is
> needed.  I was a bit surprised but then again maybe I shouldn't have
> been.

*nod*

> Maybe some of us can hang out in the chat channel during your
> presentation and help steer those type comments to the project
> website and other resources while the main presentation is
> occurring?

This is a great idea. I'll drop a reminder to the list the day before
and mention it in IRC just prior

Sat 27th Oct @ 16:00 UTC

> I also see an upcoming IRC UW meeting for this weekend - can we
> confirm this is a go?  I've got some updates on training and still
> hope to work with the classroom project and screencast team as well.

I won't be around for it (weekend getaway for my 1st wedding
anniversary!), but please hold the meeting without me.

As far as Classroom goes, we're well on our way to formalizing things
so we can start working with them, right now we're working on some
logistical issues related to lacking a mailing list. I've been working
on the wiki quite a bit, so you can see where we are:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Classroom

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com