[UbuntuWomen] questionnable stuff on french ubuntu planet

Matthias Urlichs smurf at ubuntu.com
Thu May 10 15:38:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

Vid Ayer:
> You were right to take this up with Jono and thanks Matthais for the
> quick action on it.  We definitely need a policy about women's
> representation in the Ubuntu community.

"Matthias". You're welcome anyway. ;-)

For what it's worth, though, the image (or rather, the blog feed to
planet-fr where it was posted) was removed because of copyright and
trademark violations. The French community was apparently still
discussing whether removing the stuff was called for :-/ when we told
them to drop the stuff.

> TBH, I find it strange and unacceptable that women in technology are
> often asked to accept covert/overt sexism under the tag of "humor" !?

Strange? No. Just very annoying, IMHO.

Some people truly do not see the difference between those images and,
say, advertising for female hygiene products which do tend to show even
more skin -- but, of course, not blatant poses like that.

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de
 - -
		-- Leibnitz