[UbuntuWomen] ad 'parody' from novell has linux as: a woman!

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 12:38:28 UTC 2007

On 24/03/07, Romana Branden <timelady at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9700099-1.html
>
> Even though it is from (*spit*) Novell, I still love the direction this
> ad takes:)
>
> A fresh look at the ad campaign from Apple, with the older, staid man
> (Windows), the hip young guy (Mac), and now, the fresh faced attractive
> young woman - LINUX!!!!

Reminds me of the Sony VIAO ad I've seen in some magazines:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/03/im-a-pc-and-im-a-mac-and-im-a-vaio/

I like the Linux woman better than the VAIO woman. The latter strikes
me as similar to Nokia's aiming at the female $ by releasing mobile
phones with pink covers...

cheers,
Brianna