[UbuntuWomen] My Intro

Miranda Sears mistress.miranda.kay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:44:44 UTC 2007

Howdy ya'll, (Translated "Hello Everyone")

I'm a little new to online discussion of software development and open
source largely because I am reasonably new to software development and
open source (well, to the acknowledgement of OSS's importance and value).

I'm almost 20 years old, a Jr. in college studying communications with a
concentration in theatre. I had bugged my soon to be husband for so long
with my curious questions regarding his lecturing in computer science
and his relentless coding and bug hunting on every PC (or other
platform) near him until I had picked up enough to be dangerous. My
sorority needed a webmaster and needless to say, I took the job. Jon
spent many hours teaching me the basics and some neat things and he
coded lots of features for us. I really enjoyed it and began looking for
other things that I could do along those lines. I am taking some
interent technology classes this summer and have completed HTML and
basic web design as well as a few entry level programming courses (VB,
SQL (ANSI standard only), and C/C++).

When not spending time with my sisters and / or Jon, I enjoy spending
time with my horses, mice, and kittens. I also have a small boston
terrier who drives me insane.

Miranda

--
J. Daniels, PhD

Electronic mail (email) is not a confidential form of communication.  In
order to ensure confidentiality and to protect your privacy, please use
discretion when sending information that is sensitive in nature.