[UbuntuWomen] Be encouraged!

Yolynne Medina yolynne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:52:56 UTC 2007

On 4/3/07, Judy Okite <judyokite at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to encourage all of us,this kind of behaviour is as a result of
> intimidation......these men feel intimidated by you...and this is the best
> way they can get back at you....dont let it get into you or make you loose
> focus on your goal...what we need to do is,once you have let the list admin
> know...throw it off the window,ignore and dont stop,posting.....just
> remember:
> A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
> enough people to make it worth the effort.

I agree with you Judy!  I share the same views.  What I usually do when I
feel insulted (sensitivity is another issue, because it varies for every
person) by a man, whether its FOSS/IT related or not is to shrug them off
(because I know that people who do such things rarely give an apology and
should be considered as narrow minded people) and be thankful instead for
knowing wonderful men who are open minded and respects womens opinions
equally.

But I still have hope for change to happen to those men (and women too).

We might have a common gender, but we too have diverse personalities due to
the fact that we also came from different cultures with different beliefs.

ym
--
"I want to be part of the Salt of the earth"
yahoo messenger : yolynne.rm