Wiki (was: Re: [UbuntuWomen] ubuntu-women website)

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Mon Mar 20 02:07:26 UTC 2006

Hi Maria :)

On 20/03/2006, at 7:25 AM, Maria Soler wrote:

> mmm :D I was just wondering how could I translate the ubuntu-women
> page
> into catalan before I started reading your mail! Great explanation.

Thankyou. :)

I'm glad I got it done in time to be useful. :)

> I'll
> try it this week and I'll report my questions...

That would be great: then we can add anything that's currently not
covered. :)

> (When I introduced myself I forgot to mention that I am translating
> Gnome with the catalan translation team :D )

<Clytie waves happily from Gnome-Vi>

Boy, have things been busy over at Gnome this past week! :D

I thought the gnome.org server was going to have a fit, at one stage.
You couldn't get files edited fast enough to avoid conflicts with
someone else editing them, before you got the page committed again! I
had three files like that in ten minutes!

<phew>

I'm glad release-fever is somewhat over. :D

I think we're going to have a great group here, and those of us
volunteering for specific tasks, like translation, can support each
other as well.

Another note on translation help: I formed a Google Group called i18n-
mentor [1] some time ago, where more experienced translators can help
newer ones, especially women, although all are welcome, with the same
code of conduct this group has. It's invitation-only, to keep it
small and manageable. i18n-mentor been very quiet for some time,
since our last group of newish translators have all grown their wings
and flown off into different projects, although they remain members.
If you're interested in translation, you're very welcome to join: the
group traffic is very low, just questions and ideas as they come up.
Please email me, and I'll send you an invitation. This means you can
ask general translation questions there, and the U-W specific ones
here, if you like. Up to you. :)

I'd also recommend the Translate Wiki [2] to anyone currently
translating, or thinking of translating. It's a central resource for
translators, and contains a lot of key information about the main
projects, how to translate, and resources we can use. You're welcome
to use it, and to contribute your experiences. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/i18n-mentor

[2] http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/