[UbuntuWomen] Wiki

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Sun Mar 19 06:33:15 UTC 2006

Hello again :)

I've done a formal How To Translate Wiki Pages page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWomen/HowToTranslateWiki

and put myself down as a translation (and general communication/
participation) mentor. I do think we should have someone specifically
from the Ubuntu Translation Project, so either I'll find someone, or
I'll end up doing that too. ;)

Let's have some more women from here down as mentors! I think I'm the
only one so far. :(

As my teenage daughter says often (being Asian in a mostly European
community), "I hate being the only one."

I remember looking around in my Year 11 Maths class, when I was at
school, and suddenly noticing there were no other girls there, and
thinking, "What happened?"

The teacher was male, too. This resulted in a dreadfully embarrassing
moment when I had a personal emergency in the middle of class. I put
my hand up, and asked to leave. (This was very unusual: you didn't
talk in class, and you certainly didn't interrupt the lesson and ask
to leave.) The teacher asked me Why? I looked at this male teacher,
then looked at the roomful of boys, took a deep breath, said very
firmly "Never mind!" and abruptly left. :D

My paralyzing shyness was somewhat short-circuited by the situation. ;)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)