[UbuntuWomen] Introduction?

June Bug junebugofsmaq at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 13:58:26 UTC 2006

Hi there...
I'm gettin into the procedure of registering there and all. Lets see how that goes. And the Local Customs office thing has scared me already! Knowing our Indian post.... seems my CDs are somewhere... in mid air!
And thanks a ton again. This newbie techie will make optimum use of the given information! Once I install and start running Ubuntu, I shall have a million questions to ask.
Cheeers!

On 3/16/06, June Bug  wrote:
> Hello folks... This is June from India. I'm doing my first year in BA.. and
> am planning to change over to a BCA next year.  Totally new to Linux ..jus
> started using SUSE and am trying to read books based on it.

If you have just started using Linux, I suggest you try Ubuntu (well
this is the Ubuntu list afterall ;-)). You can get the latest Ubuntu
CD's delivered to your doorstep free of cost[*] via the shipit[1]
program.  After you install Ubuntu this community [2] page should get
you started.

[1] https://shipit.ubuntu.com/
[2] http://www.ubuntu.com/community

> Any sort of help/advice/suggestions are most welcome as I am a newbie and
> any sort of help would help me steer in the right direction
> Thank you!

Depending on your area of interest, there are many tutorials and
how-to's available on the Internet which you can download for off-line
reading too. After you install Ubuntu, you can write to the
Ubuntu-users mailing list  which is for
Help and User discussions.

Hope that helps,
--
|| vid ||

[*] Be prepared to visit the local customs office to answer tons of
questions if you order more than 25-30 CD's as the Indian Postal
department will detain & slap duty under various sections.