Learning and challenges (was: Re: [UbuntuWomen] Introduction)

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Thu Mar 16 12:43:02 UTC 2006

Sorry I couldn't reply to this earlier (release pressures).

On 13/03/2006, at 4:40 PM, Judy Okite wrote:

> I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself,
>
> My Names are Judy Ann Okite, from Nairobi,Kenya.

Welcome, Judy! :)

Would you prefer to be called Judy, or Judy Anne?

> I train/teach Linux in different institutions/colleges in kenya,

I have also taught computing for many years. It's challenging and
very rewarding. :)

> I am the (FOSS)IT consultant at at KCCT(Kenya College of
> Communications Technology) and to put my words into action am
> managing the proxy(squid) server,in the institution. Currently Am
> working on an Open Source e-Learning management system.

More challenges. ;)

> I started with the Suse linux which I believe is a perfect platform
> for 'Newbies'in linux, it has beautiful documentation(HowTo's),
> then I jumped into Redhat as I am more of a network person,but
> recently upgraded into Fedora core 4. I have Ubuntu on my PC and Am
> still working my way round her.
>
> I Am looking foward to learning about OSS development in this list
> and being mentored into this field.

We will all learn from each other. :)

We have a wonderful group, here: we can do so much together.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)