[UbuntuWomen] Profiles (part 2) and Women in Engineering

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at princessleia.com
Sat Jul 29 19:45:29 UTC 2006

I spent some time today going through the archives looking for introductions of
women who use and are involved with Ubuntu. Since these archives are completely
public, I didn't see a problem with linking them directly on the wiki as
profiles. However, if you see your name up there and wish to have the link
removed, feel free to remove it yourself or ask me to remove it.

As always, any woman interested in this group and working with Ubuntu is
welcome to write a profile on the wiki or an introduction on this list! Your
successes are very encouraging to other women looking to get involved further.

And as a side note, recently a colleague showed me the following link that has
podcasts about Women in Engineering. Perhaps not entirely on-topic for this
list, but it is about women in technology, and listening to these (especially
the one where they interviewed Middle School girls who were interested in
engineering) was great.

http://www.eweek.org/site/News/Eweek/podcast.shtml

Lyz

--
Elizabeth A. Krumbach // Lyz at PrincessLeia.com
http://www.princessleia.com