[UbuntuWomen] Re: Enlisting mentors for Ubuntu-Women

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Sat Jul 15 05:52:51 UTC 2006

Hi again :)

On 15/07/2006, at 2:26 AM, Vid Ayer wrote:

> Its ok, I understand personal life comes first and have listed you :-)

Thankyou. :)

I do wish my personal circumstances were less restricting, though. :(

>> I'll be focussing my i18n mentor activities on the Google group i18n-
>> mentor, which I created for this purpose, and will invite any woman
>> interested in i18n to join it. The online interface contains our
>
> Please ensure that Ubuntu-related activities remain on this list so
> that in future  newcomers can easily refer the archives if necessary.
> It will be even better if someone volunteered to grab some of this
> stuff and wiki-fied it for reference.

We will probably wikifi. Discussions there will be those on general
translation questions: if anything applies specifically to U-W, it
will be posted here, too. That will apply to the other projects on
which we work in that group.

>> We're currently looking at the translation of the Ubuntu-Women
>> website, transferring existing translations from the old wiki, and
>
> As I mentioned before, please dont translate the old UW wiki.

No, we don't want to. However, if any of the text from the old wiki
has been reused in the new website or wiki, we want to recycle it,
and not translate every word again. This is part of good translation
practice: focussing your resources where they are most needed.

> Thanks
> for keeping an eye on it though. I did contact the Chinese translator
> (Nlany) who translated the old wiki and we exchanged mails on how to
> get it done here. Could someone follow up with her please.

Could you please send me her address? I was unable to find it via the
wiki at the time, and need to keep in touch with her.

Thanks for your help. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)