[UbuntuWomen] www.ubuntu-women.org

Claudine Chionh claudine at chionh.org
Fri Apr 28 05:11:19 UTC 2006

Clytie Siddall wrote:
>> Ubuntu-Women now has its very own website : http://www.ubuntu-women.org
>
> Thanks, Vid, for all your work in getting this going. :)

I agree, thanks Vid!

>> Wiki :-- It is currently freely editable and does not require
>> registration. If you dont like that, tell us...based on which we will
>> move ahead.
>
> IMHO, people should have to register to edit pages. This protects, to
> some extent, against wikispam, and gives us a way to attribute work to
> genuine contributors, and trace the non-genuine ones.

But will anyone be allowed to register?

>> Profiles :-- Hmm... folks need to submit these :) While on this, do
>> you want this to be a free-flowing or QnA style or something else ?
>
> I think it helps to have a model available. It could be Q/A, or it could
> be some suggested headings, like:

If we want to keep profiles in the wiki, we can use templates. For
example we can use modify the existing HomepageTemplate with Clytie's
headings. Then when someone tries to create a new page she will have the
option of using a template.

See http://www.ubuntu-women.com/Wiki/HelpOnPageCreation for more info on
templates.

In the "About you" section it might also be helpful to add things like
Launchpad ID, homepage... all optional of course.

Claudine