[utah-devel] UTAH Weekly Meeting

Javier Collado javier.collado at canonical.com
Thu Aug 16 10:01:53 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Thu 16 Aug 2012 11:36:22 AM CEST, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> Ok. What sort of things do you have in the "d-i pkgsel/include" ?
> Cause I can add a feature in ubiquity to optionally install packages
> listed in that field. Are they going to be retrieved over the network
> (similar to how langpacks are done)?

What we currently have is:
d-i pkgsel/include string openssh-server python-yaml bzr git gdebi-core

and yes, all of them are expected to be retrieved from the network.

(We use gdebi later to install a .deb file, but that happens after the
whole installation finished, once the file has been uploaded using sftp)

> Alternatively, you can use oem-config install which adds support for
> installing extra packages.... but that would not be 'typical default'
> install.

I'm not sure how to use oem-config, I've seen the specification here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubiquity/OEM

but that doesn't any specific usage example.

Best regards,
    Javier