First post -- Firefox image display issues

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 15:00:28 UTC 2024

On Thu, 2024-05-16 at 14:54 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2024 at 02:45, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users
> <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Gil,
> > the links to the screenshots are useless, so the other way round, what
> > does the squirrel look like on your browsers?
>
> No they are not. They show the problem clearly and her earlier images
> show it even better.

Hi,

they are useless, if you want to take a look at the same pictures, using
different browsers on another machine and/or if you want to take a look
at the exif data or if you just want to know what image format, jpg, png
etc. is used. Since it's avif, I wonder which library transforms
sRGB IEC61966-2.1 to sRGB. Is it done by libavif or by a dependency of
libavif or by something else? Could there be an interaction with X
widgets, the composer or else?

Regards,
Ralf