First post -- Firefox image display issues

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Wed May 15 16:03:02 UTC 2024

Hey there,

Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:

>What model of what brand of display are you using?

I thought I'd jump in and let you know that I'd been trying to help
with this off-list, but finally reached the limit of possibilities,
so I figured you guys might come up with something else. Here are all
of the things Gil has tried so far (except for the last one) with
their results:

* Update Firefox. <-- No difference.

* Create a new Firefox profile. <-- No difference.

* Do a Firefox refresh. <-- No difference.

* Create a new Linux Mint user.  <-- No difference.

* Boot with a live thumb-drive using the same release of the
operating system. <-- Works perfectly.

* Change Automatic/Light/Dark in Menu --> Settings --> General -->
Language and Appearance --> Website appearance. <-- No
difference.

* Check and compare and change settings in Menu --> Settings -->
General --> Colors --> Manage Colors... <-- No difference.

* Toggle hardware acceleration. <-- No difference.

* Run Firefox in Troubleshoot mode. <-- No difference.

* Change the color profile with gfx.color_management.mode. <-- No
  difference.

* Toggle WebGL. <-- No difference.

* Change from a light theme to a dark theme or vice versa. <-- No
  difference.

* Boot into a live USB with Ubuntu. <-- Not tried yet, I think.

No matter what's been tried, the images always look fine in Chrome
and are always dark in Firefox. The only time that doesn't happen is
when he boots with a live USB stick, which makes me suspect that
something changed on his system after installation, but I've got no
idea how to figure out what it is.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.