snap-store question

Keith keithw at caramail.com
Thu May 9 14:49:31 UTC 2024

On 5/9/2024 4:57 AM, Ian Bruntlett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Question: Where is the snap-store code?
>
> When running on anything that doesn't have an $XDG_SESSION_TYPE of
> wayland, snap-store crashes, with a "core dumped" error message.

I'm running 24.04 in an Xorg session (x11) on VirtualBox and I'm not
witnessing any crashing. Because there is still an outstanding bug or
two related to running under VBox, I had to disable 3D acceleration for
the vm.

If you're running 24.04, I would check the release notes under the
"Known Issues" section and see it there is one that might be causing the
crash.

> So, I was hoping to look at the source code and see if I could find out
> why it is crashing. I've Googled for this and was referred to this
> GitHub page: https://github.com/snapcore <https://github.com/snapcore>
> but couldn't spot the snap-store code there.

For the new "App Center" version that's in 24.04
https://github.com/ubuntu/app-center

For the older "Ubuntu Software" version that's in 22.04
https://git.launchpad.net/snap-store-desktop/tree/?h=snap-store-41-core22

--
Keith