pulse audio update broke sound output

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Apr 9 12:08:53 UTC 2024

On 9/4/24 16:59, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Dienstag, dem 09.04.2024 um 01:56 +0800 schrieb Bret Busby:
>> Simple answer - I have blueteeth disabled.
>>
>> I do not use any blueteeth devices.
>
> so why do you think a change that is solely adding a single function to
> the bluetooth module of pulseaudio would have any impact then ?
>
> ciao
> 	oli

1. You have already stated that you do not want the matter discussed
further on this list, and, you have broken that rule.

2. I have already posted that I have given up on the problem.

3. I do not know how long you have been involved in software, but, you
should be aware that a change to solve a particular problem, can,
inadvertently, cause other problems. Simple changes, if not
comprehensively tested for possible adverse consequences, before
release, can have catastrophic unforeseen consequences. What has been
working successfully, before a change, should be comprehensively
checked, to ensure that it all works successfully, after the change,
before implementation. It is a bit like when Mozilla turned the latest
versions of Thunderbird, into trojan horse software, making it unsafe to
use any version of thunderbird after v1.102.x. And, you should, perhaps,
read the parable of the old man who lost his horse.

Bret Busby
Armadale
Western Australia
(UTC+0800)