sshd via socket

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 30 13:29:56 UTC 2023

Hi,
Am Samstag, dem 28.10.2023 um 18:19 -0700 schrieb David:
> Folks
> I'm trying a fresh install of Ubuntu 23.10, with the SSHD function
> listening to two ports via the socket method.  I'm unable to make it
> work.  There are web notes that force it to use the 'older' service
> method, but nothing about how to make the socket method work.

it uses sockets by default with anything past 22.10, what exactly does
not work here for you, it should just operate as needed ...

the developer discussion took place here:

https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/sshd-now-uses-socket-based-activation-ubuntu-22-10-and-later/30189

and there are some hints for different use cases in that thread ... if
you have specific problems, it might help to ask over there ...

ciao
	oli