Release-upgrade 20.04. to 22.04.3 questions

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 11:05:56 UTC 2023

On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:10:24 -0500, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Oct 2023 10:32:53 -0500, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>My Linux server runs this now:
>>Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-164-generic x86_64)
>>
>>2) Will this be a lengthy process or can it be done in say an hour or less?
>
>Update:
>
>https://ubuntu.com/server/docs/upgrade-introduction
>
>I ended up taring most of the system disk to a tar.gz file and saving that
>externally.
>Then also set a snapshot in VMWare Esx and finally followed most of the
>instructions in the link above.
>
>Took about an hour total and seems to have worked fine.

Except now when I log on to the server and run crontab -e I get to the data in
nano but it displays this on the bottom line in red:

 [ Mistakes in '/etc/nanorc' ]

I assume that nano was upgraded in the process and now there are some problems
with the configuration for nano after the upgrade, but how can I find out what?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden