23.10 Beta files are available (Phoronix)

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 14:55:09 UTC 2023

Hi Keith,

On Tue, 26 Sept 2023 at 23:16, Keith <keithw at caramail.com> wrote:

> On 9/26/23 7:09 AM, Ian Bruntlett wrote:
> > Apologies for the delay in replying... I've managed to lose my notes.
>
> No worries. Communication via a mailing list has a built-in leisure factor.

Indeed :)

The release candidate for Ubuntu 23.10 became available today so I took the
liberty of downloading it and test installing it on my lenovo ThinkPad x201.

Strangely enough, the tiling keys sort of work.

However, you wanted some gsettings values so I wrote this small shell
script, gsettings-tiling-keys-lookup:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
function show-a-gsetting()
{
    echo -n $1 " = "
    gsettings get $1 $2
}

echo $0 running on $HOSTNAME
lsb_release -a
show-a-gsetting org.gnome.mutter.keybindings toggle-tiled-left
show-a-gsetting org.gnome.mutter.keybindings toggle-tiled-right
show-a-gsetting org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings maximize
show-a-gsetting org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings minimize

On the x201 I got these values:

./gsettings-tiling-keys-lookup running on jones
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 23.10
Codename: mantic
org.gnome.mutter.keybindings  = @as []
org.gnome.mutter.keybindings  = @as []
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings  = @as []
org.gnome.desktop.wm.keybindings  = ['<Super>h']

HTH,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://github.com/ian-bruntlett/TECH-Manuals/blob/main/tm-free-software.md