Logging in by ssh - last line - is anything wrong?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 06:38:00 UTC 2023

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 21:42:45 +0100, David Fletcher <dave at thefletchers.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 2023-07-20 at 21:53 +0100, David Fletcher wrote:
>> I've been seeing this:-
>>
>> *** Livepatch has fixed kernel vulnerabilities. System restart
>> recommended on the closest maintenance window ***
>
>Just received a kernel update. Rebooted my server, logged in and the
>false warning is gone.
>
>How about everyone else?
>
>Dave

So I did a full upgrade and it listed new kernel being received.
Rebooted and and logged in again but the message is still there... :-(

It says:

Welcome to Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-89-generic x86_64)

Expanded Security Maintenance for Applications is enabled.

0 updates can be applied immediately.

New release '22.04.2 LTS' available.
Run 'do-release-upgrade' to upgrade to it.

*** System restart required. Kernel SRU period has ended ***

The "New release" message is never shown unless the system is fully up-to-date
in my experience, yet therestart message remains.

Do I really have to upgrade to 22.04.2 LTS in order to get rid of the message?

Or have I missed something about how the kernel is upgraded, I thought that was
part of the apt full-upgrade action...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden