Migrate Outlook into Thunderbird?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 11:59:18 UTC 2023

On Sun, 09 Jul 2023 18:00:01 +0200, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>I want to get off of Microsoft Outlook email and use for instance Thunderbird
>instead (should work on both Windows and Ubuntu).
>What I am trying to find facts about is the conversion of the old email store I
>have (massive since 1998 and migrated between Outlook versions to currently
>Outlook 2019).
>

>I plan on using Thunderbird both on Windows 10 and Ubuntu desktop...
>I have used POP3 all these years so the emails are only inside my PST files and
>not on the server.

SIGH - GIVING UP....

So my plan needs some re-thinking now that I have read all responses here and
googled for PST Export/Import.

There are a lot of webpages popping up on Google but they either suggest actions
that actually cannot be followed because the steps simply do not match what is
available on either Outlook or Thunderbird. Or else they are outdated and not
applicable today.

Lots of suggestions to download various converter programs from obscure
websites, which I am reluctant to do...

I have no idea how to vet any of these suggested programs so I do not get hit
with some backdoor/virus/datatheft problem.

So I guess I am out of luck here and have to keep Outlook for the time being.

It would have been good to find a standalone PST -> MBOX converter from a
reliable source...

Thanks for your input, anyway!

--
Bo Berglund