Migrate Outlook into Thunderbird?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 16:00:01 UTC 2023

I know this is not an Ubuntu question but I hope that someone here can point me
in the right direction...

I want to get off of Microsoft Outlook email and use for instance Thunderbird
instead (should work on both Windows and Ubuntu).
What I am trying to find facts about is the conversion of the old email store I
have (massive since 1998 and migrated between Outlook versions to currently
Outlook 2019).

So can it be done? (When I checked some years back it could not...)
Where can I ask such questions and be on topic?

I plan on using Thunderbird both on Windows 10 and Ubuntu desktop...
Is the mail store format the same on both platforms?
I have used POP3 all these years so the emails are only inside my PST files and
not on the server.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden