emacs window a solid black block after a distribution upgrade

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 15:30:27 UTC 2023

Hey there,

Ian Bruntlett wrote:

>Hardware info:
>PC: Dell Inspiron 530s
>Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E6550  @ 2.33GHz
>RAM : 4GiB (already tested with memtest86+)

Since these issues happened as a result of an update/upgrade, I've
got a couple of wild guesses:

I'm going really far out on a limb here, but is Fast Boot enabled in
UEFI/BIOS? If so, try turning it off. It's worth a shot.

Also, Kubuntu (which I use) restores the previous session on boot-up
by default, which can interfere with updates that require a reboot.
After a new installation, I always immediately go into Kubuntu's
settings and force it to create a new session on boot-up by default.
Ubuntu might do the same thing, so you might want to try changing
that behavior as well.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.