snaps

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 9 12:07:09 UTC 2023

hi,
Am Samstag, dem 07.01.2023 um 10:26 -0600 schrieb Jay Ridgley:
> Good morning,
>
>   Is there a way to change the snap updates to be non-automatic?
>
>   I have tried to manually apply them using sudo snap refresh, the
> message "All snaps up to date." is returned. Yet, I also get a
> message
> that there is a snap update pending x days ahead.
>
>   I want to be able to do updates when I want, NOT automatically.

beyond what keith pointed out above (that you can indefinitely hold
snap updates with the next snapd version (soon to be released) and thus
have to do all updates manually), you can actually schedule automatic
updates since day one to happen at a time convenient to you (only every
first sunday morning of any even month or whatnot), described on the
same page that keith linked in the post ...

ciao
	oli