Brave popup - how to delete?

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Mon Nov 7 08:15:47 UTC 2022

On Sun, 6 Nov 2022 08:50:00 -0600
Keith <keith at caramail.com> wrote:

> On 11/5/22 5:54 PM, rikona wrote:
> > Running Brave browser in Kubuntu. Runs OK but update installed a
> > popup window that in on top in every desktop. Closing it gives
> > another one in a few minutes - essentially always there covering
> > something desirable in EVERY desktop/every app. One net solution
> > was to run snap update but doesn't work in all cases, and not in
> > mine. This is a PITA and so bad I may stop using Brave. But, is
> > there SOME way to get rid of this popup, or at least have it STAY
> > closed?
> >
> > And if it does stay closed or not come up constantly on your box,
> > can I find out why that is?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rik
> >

> Doesn't Kubuntu have a way to configure notification settings? In
> Ubuntu, you'd navigate to Settings->Notifications->Snap User Session
> Agent. There you can turn off pop-up banner notifications whenever
> there are snap updates. I assume that Kubuntu has a similar feature
> to control notification settings since one of the advantages of KDE
> touted by its users is how configurable it is.

Settings->Notifications-> has NOTHING about Snap at all
AND
Brave ignores EVERY setting in Notifications!

> Plus, Brave may have a settings option for notifications within the
> application itself. You might check into that.

Nothing in Brave settings and NOTHING on Brave website either!

Many complaints online but no fix I could find that worked. I was
hoping someone here might have an idea to prevent that popup window at a
code level, or perhaps auto-close it if it does pop up.