Wine (Was Budget-priced Windows license)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun May 29 10:07:47 UTC 2022

On Sat, 28 May 2022 at 07:37, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

> I stayed on 2003 for as long as I could but when I had to replace the laptop
> finally in 2019 I could no longer install Office 2003

I have installed and run Word 2000 and Word 2003 on Win10 64-bit. It
does work and works fine.

> so I had to go for 2019
> (the last version that can do a no-cloud *local* installation, I believe).

AFAIK, it is still the latest version, and again AFAIK, MS plans for
now to still offer local installations.

> And I need MSOffice since my email archive is on Outlook from 1996 forward and
> it cannot be exported to anything readable by any other mail client. :-(

I have done this for a client.

There are various ways but what I did was to avoid 3rd party tools
etc. I added a Gmail account to Outlook via IMAP, and copied the
messages from Outlook local storage to IMAP.

You may need a paid Gmail account for this, given the volume of mail,
but still rather that than Outlook.

I have 37GB in Gmail currently, FWIW.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053