Upgrade/update from pre release 22.04 to LTS 2204

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 17:49:54 UTC 2022

On Thu, 26 May 2022 19:39:09 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>The only possible pitfall I can imagine might be a downgrade without
>usage of an "epoch", but actually I don't know if this can happen at
>all.

What I try to point out is, that the pre-release might contain a few
packages that during the development of the Ubuntu release were not
upgraded, but for some reason downgraded. It's possible to work around
this by using a so called "epoch".

Instead of downgrading from foo-2.0 to foo-1.9 it would become an
upgrade to foo-1:1.9 . I don't know if it's possible that a develoment
version contains downgrades instead of the epoch workaround.