VirtualBox guest Windows 11 system requirements

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 09:21:32 UTC 2022

Hi,

the downloaded ISO fits to the _not_ signed checksum. An unsigned
checksum is what Microsoft considers a secure check. I don't expect
something else from Microsoft.

$ sha256sum /.tmp/Win11Pro/Win11_English_x64v1.iso
4bc6c7e7c61af4b5d1b086c5d279947357cff45c2f82021bb58628c2503eb64e  /.tmp/Win11Pro/Win11_English_x64v1.iso

After providing the product key, which is seemingly a valid key, the
Windows 11 installer returns

"This PC can't run Windows 11

This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements to install this version of Windows. For
more information, visit https://aka.ms/WindowsSysReq "

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/2U1Gk6n.png

I don't expect that Microsoft mentions which requirement test/s failed.
I visited the page, but I'm to stupid to see what requirement/s is/are
missing.

I already installed Windows 10 and other Windows releases on the same
machine as VirtualBox guests. I don't want to update the Windows 10
install to Windows 11.

Has somebody already installed Windows 11 as VirtualBox guest on a Linux
host?

Now I need to go to work. Later I will ask the Oracle ;) and probably on
other mailing lists, too. Currently I tried to install it on an Arch
Linux host, so it's not an Ubuntu related issue. However, I tend to
share VMs by different Linux hosts on a multi-boot Linux machine.

Regards,
Ralf