Thinkpad L 15 gen 2 advice

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 00:13:16 UTC 2022

On 23/5/22 00:14, Liam Proven wrote:
> Thank you once for your time.

My main concern is overheating.

I had spent considerable time trying to dual boot using my current SSD
without success. I can dual boot using an old mechanical HDD. Both
drives are partition as gpt and I'm reluctant to go through this
frustrating exercise again at the moment.

> Tell us:
>
> * The BIOS version
Can't remember, however, I do remember that it's the latest version.
> * Your boot settings
SSD first, USB next followed by the optical drive. Is that what you're
asking?
> * How your disk is partitioned
GPT
> * Whether you are booting in UEFI or BIOS mode

Originally was set to "both" and resetting to "BIOS" didn't seem to make
any difference.

I have two 4GB RAM modules installed.

--

Regards,