Editing the XFCE application launcher menu

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 05:00:50 UTC 2022

On 14/5/22 11:54, Little Girl wrote:
> Hey there,
>

> Are the programs that were in that sub-menu also missing or are they
> now in one or more different sub-menus? If they're not yet installed,
> perhaps the sub-menu will be created when you install one or more of
> them. I've got some programs that add a sub-menu to my KDE menu
> automatically when I install them. Maybe it works the same way in
> Xubuntu.

Thank you for your reply.

There are two menu editor apps and neither make much sense although
"main menu" is the better one. Several apps originally showed up in the
application launcher menu in multiple sub-menus, "main menu" uses check
boxes to allow an app to be shown in the desired sub-menu and this is
how I set up my sub-menus in Xubuntu 21.10.

I have recreated the missing sub-menu and it was automatically populated
with the apps that were originally in the missing sub-menu. All good I
thought, but still that sub-menu is not displayed in the application
launcher menu.

So, either I just live with this inconvenience in the hope that this is
a known bug that will be fixed or I revert back to KDE.

--

Regards,
Phil