Where to find list of packages in 22.04?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue May 3 15:50:28 UTC 2022

At Tue, 3 May 2022 16:28:55 +0100 "Ubuntu user technical support,? not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> As per subject, where can I find a list of package versions available
> in Ubuntu 22.04?
>
> That's versions of packages that can be installed in 22.04, not the
> ones that are part of the basic distribution.

dpkg-query -l pattern|less

And:

apt update
apt install apt-file
sudo apt-file update

apt-file -l search <path-to-binary-or-other-file> |less

Also: you can grep through the package list(s) in /var/lib/apt/lists/.  If
compressed, zgrep can be used.

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364