Ubuntu 20.04, Firefox pdf save dialog

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 06:35:13 UTC 2022

On Tue, 3 May 2022 07:54:05 +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:
>In older version, this dialog was a separet window. The new dialog
>darkens the open document and is placed in the middle of the document,
>hiding most of it. When I try to move this dialog out of the way, the
>surrounding window with the darkened document is moved.

Hi,

just a wild guess, probably you are using a desktop environment that
changed the behaviour for child widows this way, to prevent that some
child windows are hidden below another window. That a window
disappears below another window happens sometimes even when using well
programmed environments, not only when using the ignorant programmed
KDE, that doesn't care at all about (free)desktop standards related to
child window handling.

On my Arch install I don't see this behaviour. Firefox's "Save As"
child window covers the PDF without darkening it. I can move the "Save
As" child window without moving the Firefox window.

$ pacman -Q firefox; pacman -Q openbox
firefox 99.0.1-1
openbox 3.6.1-8

However, why do you want to move the "Save As" window at all?

Regards,
Ralf