fstab parse-error with sshfs

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 13:15:04 UTC 2022

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 at 14:32, robert rottermann <robert at redcor.ch> wrote:

> I try to mount a remote folder using sshfs.
[...]
> can anyone of you please give me a hint, what I am doing wrong

It is a few years ago but I think I tried this myself. I couldn't get
it working either.

But one key issue is authentication. How are you doing ssh
identification and authentication? For use in scripts, ideally you
should be using ssh keys on both ends, so that authentication is
silent and automatic.

Also, looking at your sample command lines, I do not recommend using
root accounts in any scripts anywhere. That is a big security risk.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053