Ubuntu Server 22.04 USB Will Not Boot

Keith keith at caramail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:52:26 UTC 2022

On 7/19/22 9:44 AM, Paul Groves wrote:
> Just realised I replied to Aaron directly and not the list. oops.
>
> I did try as waiting for it and I left it for an hour while I had lunch and it was still on the underscore screen when I got back so that didn't work for me.

That would suggest there is another issue at play.

> In the end I had to install from the 20.04 USB and run: sudo do-release-upgrade -d but this wasted so much of my day yesterday.
>
> How can they release an LTS version where the install USB won't even boot properly? These sorts of bugs should be fixed before release in my opinion. Not impressed.

It works for the vast majority of users who install via USB. Even the
issue as described by the bug reports is fairly rare as it affects only
a certain subset (buggy firmware) of systems. However, since your system
didn't seem to boot at all that would mean that you are likely running
into another bug. Perhaps you should file a bug report and help Ubuntu
developers try and isolate what the bug is so that they can hopefully
fix the issue and improve Ubuntu's hardware compatibility with
problematic systems.

--
Keith