SSD reliability

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Tue Jul 19 11:24:44 UTC 2022

Hi!

On 18/07/2022 23:27, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> I've been having a nightmare on my main desktop since last night.
>
> I replaced my /home hard disk drive with a Patriot P210 2Tb SSD back
> in April of this year (might have posted about it here - don't
> recall).

Looks like the disk is recent enough to be on warranty. I don't know
what Patriot's approach is... but I wouldn't bother trying anything else
than contacting their support, describing your problem. If they are
anything near what Seagate or WD do... they'll send you a replacement
disk and request you send the old one to them in return (maybe in advance).

Don't wait until you've permanently lost critical data... Get a new disk.

Gilles